Wednesday, January 19, 2011

talking with your mouth full

Maybe it's the freshness a new year brings, but it feels like I need to tackle my projects and get after some hefty new ones! Frankly, I feel like I've bitten off more than I can chew, but I really want to blog about my lofty ambitions to you all. :D

I just decided that I want to write a series of children's books- this cute little name popped into my head last night/morning (4 am ish... yeah..... that's morning...)along with a funny/cute idea. However- now that I'm fully awake, that funny/cute idea seems off the wall and weird :S
BUT I am keeping the name of the main character. So we'll see where it goes from here.

I really want to start painting and designing my kitchen. I've been wanting to paint over this off-white/cream that's been smothering my kitchen with a bright fresh white on top, and a nice warm ash gray on bottom. Do some chair rail, some wainscoting action in the dinning room, and have a fresh blue accent wall by my cabinets. FINALLY finish the floors and maybe/maybe not take out the existing cabinetry and start all over in that department....hehehe (AJ's really loving me right now :D)

some more sewing projects, a couple birthday parties to plan, more yard work and landscaping, and last and not least: building a toy chest for Treson's 3rd birthday. Yes, even though I thought of this idea... I really don't intend to build it.. the sneaky sly part is getting AJ to do it for me! (*snicker snicker*)
so shhh! don't hint at this while he's around! :)

1 comment:

ALLY said...

I can't wait tell your done with your kitchen, I love those color combos, I'm sure it's going to look fab!