Monday, February 28, 2011

spark of inspiration

I've been somewhat subconsciously planning a tea party for the past year or so, mini sandwiches, hats, the whole deal...but nothing has really given me the swift kick in the butt until now



isn't this dried pineapple flower darling?!?

So it's decided then. I'm having a "Mother's Day Tea Party."- kids welcome. The cake will be two-tiered, dressed in cream cheese frosting, trimmed with ribbon, and embellished with clusters of pineapple flowers. (the top tier will be for the kiddos, while the mommies get the bottom tier.)
I don't want to give anything else away, but it's going to be amazing. All I need to do now is figure out the invites and find an awesome hat!

4 comments:

ALLY said...

How fun!! I can't wait to see pictures, you're quite the talented cake decorator!

Mandy said...

Ally! I totally expect you to be there and see it in person! :D

Lorie said...

i want to come!!!

Mandy said...

!!!! I totally wish you guys were still in UT! maybe you all can justify a trip here- say around May 14th :D