Sunday, February 19, 2012

oh wow!

I absolutely love PANCAKES! and I love making breakfast special... AJ however hates breakfast, no matter how good it is, he'll give me two courtesy bites and he's off... Well this past Valentines day, I made pancakes from a gourmet box mix, and they were nothing short of incredible- even AJ polished off his plate! Down side: I had polished off the mix as well. But when I woke up this morning, something was crying out for Pancakes(it was literally Treson)so I looked up online(specifically The Chew) and found Daphne Oz's recipe for Blueberry Buttermilk pancakes. I looked over the ingredient list KNOWING I didn't have any Main Wild Blueberries.... or Buttermilk..... *sigh* but then it hit me: "isn't there a way to make your own buttermilk?... something about milk and a lemon...." but I didn't have a lemon either! SO with another web search I found the solution- 1 cup of milk(-1TBS) +1TBS of white vinegar and sit for 5 minutes. Perfect! And to address the lack of blueberries, I just upped the ante on the sugar to 1 1/2 Tbs of sugar instead of the measly 1 tsp(Come on Daph!!). Topped with buttered syrup(equal parts of melted butter and real maple syrup) and into our mouths! Seriously the BEST PANCAKES I HAVE EVER MADE! I wish I took a picture so show you all, but they were literally gone in minutes! Trust me, it won't be long 'till I'll make them again and next time I might do a little self pinning to spread the joy!

2 comments:

Josh and Tiff said...

yes! please post pictures and recipes! sounds delicious!

ALLY said...

They sound divine, I'm pretty sure you're one of the best cooks I know!