Tuesday, September 7, 2010

AJ's new favorite dinner dish

I came across a lovely recipe from Annie's eats for homemade pita bread -and after a girls night of making pita-pizzas (and watching the finale of Bachelorette), I'm officially obsessed! I make these puffy addictions at least three times a month now.
I had a fantastic chicken salad recipe tucked away somewhere- so I thought I'd pair two bits of heaven to create this:


The result: "Sweet Meat" (AJ's FAVORITE dinner dish) was officially unseated by Chicken pita pockets.
I'm not going to lie- making pita pockets does take time- but it's time well rewarded- (and what else am I suppose to do all day!?!?)

*baker's side note- because I'm using "active dry yeast" I soften it in the warm water instead of mixing it into the flour. and because of the high altitude (SLC,UT) I only use 2 tsp of yeast.

Holiday Chicken Salad

4 cups cooked chopped chicken
1 cup chopped celery
2 green onions (or 2tbs of chives)
1 cup craisins
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
1 cup mayo
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt

Mix first five ingredients together. In a separate bowl mix mayo, paprika, and salt. Fold into chicken mix.

12 servings.

you're welcome and enjoy!

No comments: