Friday, February 6, 2009

happiness in my mouth!

Every now and then I like to experiment with different recipes that come my way. I just had to pass this one along because it was so good!!!! I had my doubts after looking over the ingredient list- but WOW, you can't pass this one up!!!


Asian Kabobs

1 C. Mayonnaise
1/4 c. apricot preserves
1 T.soy sauce
1 T. Dijion mustard
1 clove of garlic minced
1/2 t. of ground ginger

mix all of the above together and reserve 1/3 cup for dipping.
skewer shrimp and chicken (in my house- shrimp for me and chicken for my husband, everyones happy!)and brush the remaining sauce on the kabobs. grill until done(chicken takes a bit longer than the shrimp, so I would grill them first and set them aside to juice back up) serve with rice and steamed veggies with the dipping sauce along side. You've got a little piece of Heaven on Earth!

enjoy!

4 comments:

Lissa said...

Mayonnaise and apricots? Really? Hmmm...I'll probably end up trying this one. I'll let you know. =)

Mandy said...

yeah I know that combo sounds weird, but wow is it good!

juice19 said...

It was pretty good.

Lorie said...

sounds good to me
i'm going to try it this week

you can also make lazy mans hollandaise sauce with:
1 c mayo
juice and zest of one lemon
1 T butter
only heat until warm